Last modified: July 1, 2017
There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people. When you share information with us, we can make those services even better – to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
• What information we collect and why we collect it.
• How we use that information.
• The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible. Your privacy matters to Circle so whether you are new to Circle or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users.
We collect information in the following ways:
Information we collect when you are signed in to Circle, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your Circle Account. When information is associated with your Circle Account and social network media accounts, we treat it as personal information.
Circle processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Many of our services let you share information with others.
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Circle unless one of the following circumstances applies:• With your consent
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Circle and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
• We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
• We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
• We restrict access to personal information to Circle employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.